Effective: August 2013
Winland is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and clients. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather about you when you visit our website, how we use that information, and how we disclose it to third parties. This policy specifically does not apply to information collected by mail, email, telephone or other off-line methods.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may be asked to provide information to us through one or more services we provide through our website, messages we send to you, social media, etc. The information we request may include personal information, such as name, email address, address, and telephone number.
Information Obtained Through Use of Our Services
We may collect information provided by you and your computer through use of our services through this website, messages to you, social media, etc. This information may include the following types of information:
- Login Information. We may automatically obtain and store HTTP header information from client-side tracking objects, your device, and our server logs upon your use of our services.
- Mobile Information. We may obtain information specific to mobile activity through use of our services, such as your location, mobile device type, and mobile capabilities.
- Social Media Information. When interacting with our services within social media, we may obtain information stored within social media or authorized by you to be collected by us within such social media.
Some areas of the Winland website allow you to provide content to us directly through comments left on a “public forum” (ex. The Winland blog). If you use public forums on the Winland website, you expressly agree that any personal information you submit in these public forums can be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who reads the public forums.
How We Use Collected Information
At times, we will use your HTTP header information to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We may also track browser types to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our website design. There is an optional section of our website where input forms require your name, phone number, company, and email address. This form provides you the ability to opt in to receive future emails of any type from Winland. If you opt in to receive email communications from us, we may send information to you on our products or services. This information will not be used for any other purpose. In the event of a sale, merger, corporate reorganization or similar transaction of some or all of our business, we may share your identifying information to the successor entity, and the successor entity may or may not use and protect identifying information in the same ways described in this policy. We do, reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
How We Share Information
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following situations or for the following purposes:
- Consent. We may disclose your information to third parties for purposes not directly related to our site in the event that you consent to such disclosure.
- Service Providers and External Processing. Your information may be shared with third party service providers, affiliates, or other trusted businesses to provide certain customer services based on our instructions. We require that our third party service providers implement and maintain security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information you provide to us.
- Law Enforcement. Your information may be shared with law enforcement officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
Security and Privacy
Winland website uses security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We store the information in a database in a secured environment at our data centers. We do not share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending emails you agree to receive.
Widgets and Social Buttons
We reserve the rights to change this policy at any time, and will post any changes to this policy on our website as soon as they go into effect. Please refer back to this policy on a regular basis.
If you wish to access your information or to have your information deleted, updated, changed, or modified, you may do so by contacting us using the below information.
For further information, please contact us.
1950 Excel Drive
Mankato, MN 56001